Pages

Sunday 15 September 2019

WHAT HAVE I FOUND OUT FROM MY MONITORING?

I recorded and analysed the attitude of my students towards writing from the easTTle writing test. Certainly I could tell that there was a huge improvement, but was there true evidence of that?




I also recorded and analysed the writing scores from the easTTle writing tests over the past 3 terms and this is what I found.

I was really pleased that the entire class showed a greater level of excitement when  spaced repetition was used.
The level of engagement in the lesson was much better.
The ability of the students to set learning goals based on where they are at, as compared to where they should be with their learning was much better. They could all tell you the curriculum level they should be at, at the end of the year for Y5/6, and they could also tell you where they are at present.
Having them graph their results over the past 3 terms made it clear as to where they are, and how far off they are from the curriculum level they should be at.


No comments:

Post a Comment