Pages

Saturday 9 March 2019

What is happening for students in your classroom?

I am in the midst of SCANNING my students to find out their strengths and area of need. I have begun to gather achievement data from previous years, as well as the most current data from PAT.
I have been spending some quality time chatting with the boys in my inquiry group about what encourages them to write and why other subjects may seem preferable for them over writing. I feel that this part of my inquiry is extremely important as it will help shape my inquiry, so that I can get the desired outcomes for my students.

Knowing the challenges my students face, will help me address them better, and fill the gaps that are required for success.

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Kaysee,
    Agree student voice critical to developing a rich picture and identify what's important to prioritise.
    You might find some of the Possible Actions listed on the Manaiakalani CoL: Teaching as Inquiry Framework useful. Includes some recommendations from Dr Graeme Aitken that he shared at one of our school leaders PLGs, for scanning and student voice.

    ReplyDelete