Pages

Wednesday 4 November 2020

Student voice

 STUDENT VOICE

Students were asked to rate their attitude towards reading on a scale of 1-10, with 1 being  “I don't like reading and 10 being I really enjoy reading.

I thereafter asked for a reason for rating themselves in that way. 


How do you prefer to get more information on a specific topic?

  • Text only

  •  Text and images

  •  Text, images and videos

  •  Text, images, videos and speeches etc.


Student

Year level

Gender

Attitude towards reading on a scale of 1-10

Reason for their attitude rating

Response to type of mode they prefer. 

TSAR

Y6

Male

1/10

I get bored looking at words. I like to read digital gaming books .

  • Text, images, videos and speeches etc.

Only if the videos are not false.

WWD

Y5

Female

5

I can read most words, but I prefer to watch videos.

  • Text, images, videos and speeches etc.


RHL

Y5

Male

5/10

Sometimes I enjoy reading because I learn new words but sometimes I have difficulty pronouncing the words.

  • Text, images, videos and speeches etc. 

FTK

Y5

Male

3/10

I don't like reading because there are too many words. I like maths and writing. Sometimes I cannot understand the words and sometimes I cannot pronounce the words.

  • Text, images, videos and speeches etc.


EA

Y5

Male

5/10

Sometimes when I read I get bored. I enjoy silent reading. I don't like reading to someone.

  • Text, images, videos and speeches etc.  It’s better than just text only.

NMM

Y5

Female

5

I don't like reading because most books are boring.

Prefer to have multi modes.

PSJ

Y6

male

7-8/10

I read every day, I prefer comics. I read 2 a day.

Prefer to have multi modes only if its true.

No comments:

Post a Comment